Installing a state-of-the-art security system for home and family safety will protect your loved ones and your assets. Contemporary security systems offer a wide range of features that will send alerts to you and the proper authorities whenever intrusions, fires, water leaks or carbon monoxide leaks are detected. Automation technology makes it possible for you to control what is going on in your home, no matter where you may be – at the office, at the mall, on a business trip, or on vacation.Top Five Reasons to Install a Security System
- The authorities will be contacted automatically if any suspicious activities or hazardous circumstances are detected.
- Motion detection lights and surveillance equipment can be used to capture images of anyone that trespasses on your property. The images can be used to assist the police in identifying the criminals and bringing them to justice.
- Homeowners often save anywhere from 5% to 20% on their homeowner’s insurance policies.
- Police and emergency service teams are able to respond more quickly, because they receive immediate alerts whenever problems occur.
- Many thieves and vandals are deterred by signs that a home is protected by a security system.
Good Reasons to Protect Yourself
According to the U.S. Department of Justice, there are approximately 28,800 property crimes committed on a daily basis; 8,640 of these crimes are burglaries; 4,320 are violent crimes; 2,468 are deadly assaults; 1,440 are robberies; and 720 are forcible rapes. Getting a home security system for home and family safety can be a vital decision.
According to the U.S. Fire Administration, approximately 360,100 residential fires will occur this year and result in the deaths of approximately 2,500 people. Of these 2,500 fatalities, 52% of them will be due to a lack of smoke detectors.
With an automated security system for the home, you can monitor every component of your household that is wired for remote access. You have control from any computer with an internet connection or mobile device with online access.
- With remote access you will be alerted via email, text message or telephone call whenever a door or window is opened in your home.
- You will be able to view live footage of your security cameras the moment they are triggered to begin recording.
- You will be able to warn family members of potentially dangerous situations, before they return to the home.
- You will be able to take immediate action to protect your property.
Security – and More
Today’s automated home security systems also help streamline the functionality of your home. Integrated components allow you to monitor and control lighting fixtures, heating and cooling systems, audio equipment and televisions.
Home electronics can be programmed to produce the illusion that you are home, while you are away. Lighting can also be programmed to create just the right mood for specific occasions. For instance, you can customize your lighting fixtures so that they automatically dim to the perfect level, when you choose the “romantic dinner for two” or “movie night” pre-sets on your console.
With remote access to your HVAC, you can adjust heating and cooling cycles to run according to your family’s work and school schedules. The unit can be programmed to run less frequently, during the hours that you and your family are out of the house. It can then be reactivated at a specific time – or via remote access – when everyone is getting ready to head back home.
- This kind of control of your home heating and cooling system can help you save up to 40% on your energy expenses.
- You never have to worry about whether or not you remembered to turn the HVAC unit off or on.
A security system for home and family safety can be installed to add both protection and convenience to your life. Our customized packages can be designed to provide you with just the right amount of security and comfort.